This morning, Hon’ble Tengye Lyonpo Loknath Sharma graced the Bhutan Enterprise Award and Launch of CSI Products in Thimphu. The Bhutan Enterprise Award was instituted in the year 2013 to reward and recognize the contribution of the cottage and small-scale industries to the socio-economic development of the nation and to inculcate the culture of entrepreneurship. The winners for the BEA were selected through rigorous selection processes and using various parameters for short-listing, field assessment and in the final evaluation.
The Bhutan Enterprise Award 2021 winners for the following category were awarded the Certificate of Appreciation and cash prize of Nu. 200,000/- each by the Hon’ble Tengye Lyonpo.
- Cottage-scale Entrepreneur of the Year: M/s. Lhawang Dedhen Incense, Wangduephodrang
- Small-scale Entrepreneur of the Year: M/s. Kinley and Sonam Manufacturing, Thimphu
- Rural Entrepreneur of the Year: M/s. HighLand Dairy Unit, Wangduephodrang
- Woman Entrepreneur of the Year: M/s. Chechay Sanitary Pads, Thimphu
During the same event, six new CSI products were also launched. The purpose of the product launch is to provide a platform for the Startups and CSIs to introduce and showcase their products, to provide better access to market and to create linkages with the potential dealers and customers. The following new products were launched:
- Yellow Dock herbal drink
- Yumm Yumm sausage
- Onju Furut
- Tek Raw Pure (Juice)
- Druk Herbal Tea (mint, lavender and cordycep)
- Kuengha Potato Fingerling
With six products launched today, the total number of new CSI Products launched are 32 to date.