Mandates and Functions
- Initiate and articulate policy ideas for growth and development of Cottage and Small Industries(CSIs)
- Formulate CSI development policy to encourage the growth of CSIs and advice the government on fiscal and monetary issues related to CSIs.
- Work in concert with other institutions in both public and private sector to create a good enabling environment for business in general, and CSI activities in particular.
- Stimulate the development of the CSIs through creation of enabling environment, provision of business development services, facilitation of development programmes and support services.
- Identify business opportunities on the basis of supply and demand gap, environmental scanning and linkages.
- Conduct sector studies and analysis for sector development strategies.
- Improve access to financing through the financial institutions as well as guarantee mechanisms.
- Promote and facilitate access to industrial infrastructure such as layouts, incubators, clusters and industrial parks.
- Set up and manage service provider’s database including machinery suppliers for CSIs.
- Facilitate transfer of technology and best practice in management and operations
- Disseminate vital information and skills to CSIs by conducting and facilitating seminars, workshops and training programmes.
- Intermediate between the CSIs, Governments and the Private Sector.
- Formulate a comprehensive policy framework comprising of specific interventions and support measures for CSIs including their implementation modalities.
- To develop necessary institutional and regulatory framework for the growth and development of CSIs.
- To conduct sector studies and analysis for sector development studies including a region specific resource inventory to indentify the areas of opportunities for CSIs in different parts of the country.
- Conduct business investment opportunity studies
- Preparation of project proposals for donor support
Enterprise Development Division
- To promote the establishment of Cottage and Small industries, including cultural industries
- Development of infrastructure for CSI.
- Skills development training programme for artisans
- Development, value addition and facilitate marketing of CSI products.
Small Business Promotion Division
- Liaise with RTIOs to improve business development service delivery
- Receive, appraise, and processing of CSI proposals (except FDI) for approval.
- Maintenance of documentations and statistics on CSIs.
- Provide advisory and support services to walk-in-clients
- Coordination and support services in respect of CSIs (for e.g. Import license, Visa related, Taxes issues/incentives, Currency, Industrial estate & Service Centers etc.)