A dynamic and efficient Government agency committed to promoting sustainable hydropower for socio-economic development in pursuit of Gross National Happiness.
• Govern and facilitate integrated, regionally balanced and optimal use of water resources for development of hydropower with minimal environment impacts.
• Ensure that hydropower exports generate maximum revenue for the Nation.
• Ensure secure, reliable and affordable energy for the domestic consumers.
• Provide enabling environment for participation of public and private sectors in development of hydropower resources.
• Implement Institutional reforms for efficient planning and management of the sector.
• Develop and enhance professionals in hydropower development and management.