To use the intellectual property protection system as a stimulus for the social, cultural, technological and economic growth of the country.
To establish a comprehensive well-balanced and effective system for the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights.
- To formulate and update laws in accordance with international standards on all subjects of intellectual property.
- To establish a system for the grant of titles and rights to intellectual property.
- To promote knowledge and understanding of intellectual property among the general public.
- To assist the right holders in commercializing their works and maximizing the economic utilization of their intellectual property assets.
- To strengthen and improve the mechanisms for the enforcement of intellectual property rights,(IPRs).
- To undertake exploratory groundwork on the role of IPRs in the protection of cultural heritage and Traditional Knowledge, (TK).
- To build up an international network of treaty relationships for protecting and safeguarding IPRs of Bhutanese nationals abroad.
- To strengthen the institutional and professional capacity of the Division to fulfill its mandate.