- To reward and recognize the contribution of cottage and small industries to the socio-economic development of the nation.
- To create greater awareness and interest in self-employment over save employment.
- To recognize the role of entrepreneurship in the society.
Today, for the 5th BEA 2017, the following entrepreneurs were presented with a Certificate of Appreciation and cash prizes as follows:
- M/s. The Green Road, Mr. Rikesh Gurung (Small-scale Entrepreneur of the Year, Nu. 130,000)
- M/s. Transcend Artisan, Mr. Namkhar Degyel Gyeltshen (Cottage-scale Entrepreneur of the Year, Nu. 130, 000)
- M/s. Gomphukora Water Plant, Mr. Yeshi Jatsho (Rural Entrepreneur of the Year, Nu. 120,000)
- M/s. CDK, Ms. Chandarika Tamang (Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Nu. 120,000)